What is Padel?
Padel is a mix of tennis and squash, a recreative sport that is growing in popularity worldwide. It's played in doubles on a court surrounded by glass. These glass walls are part of the game. The technique is not difficult and this makes it an easy sport to learn. It is both fun and dynamic.
Whale Tails will feature a professional oudoor padel court. The court will meet the requirements of major padel organizations: FEP, FIP, NPB, KNLTB.
Main ins and outs of padel:
• The court is half the size of a tennis court, and is surrounded by glass.
• The ball is softer than a tennis ball.
• Racquets are shorter than tennis racquets, solid and perforated.
• Padel is played in doubles.
• Padel uses the same scoring system as tennis.
• Winning team wins two of three sets.
• Players can use the walls.
• Serves are done from behind the service line, diagonally as in tennis.
• Two serve attempts are allowed.